Flying is about more than instruments and mechanics. It’s about experience. Instinct. Freedom. Safety. Now you can get top-notch, real-world training from experienced pilot and gifted teacher, Greg West – and take your flying skills to new heights.
Whether you’re a beginner pursuing your dream of learning to fly, or a time-tested pilot seeking to stay current, you’ll get it here.
You’ll gain these incredible benefits by training with Greg:
Real-world, scenario-based training. As opposed to other flight instructors who confine you to repetitive exercises in a practice area, Greg’s hands-on, real world training will help you feel secure every time you climb into the cockpit — because you will have already experienced many more scenarios.
The most up-to-date safety techniques and technology, guaranteed. Flying is safe when you do it right. Greg makes it a point to stay on top of every development so you can be sure you’re always protected by multiple layers of safety.
Total satisfaction – or your money back. Choosing a flight instructor is a big decision. So enjoy Greg’s risk-free, 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. If, for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with your flight instruction, just let Greg know and he’ll refund your money…no questions asked.
Experience. Passion. Safety.
Greg West is an experienced pilot and gifted flight instructor based in San Jose. He is passionate about safety and always keeps up-to-date on the most current technology. He has achieved the highest WINGS “Master” Phase from the FAA Safety Team, is an active participant in Air Safety Foundation Courses, and has completed multiple sessions with the Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program.
“I was one of those folks who always wanted to learn how to fly, but never took the plunge,” Greg says. “Finally, after allocating the time and money for it, I started flying lessons. I was hooked immediately. And I was kicking myself, asking ‘why did I wait so long to do this?’”
“Aside from becoming a daddy, this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I’d love to share my passion and knowledge with you!”
Greg is an independent Flight Instructor (CFI) with privileges at JATO Aviation (Palo Alto, San Carlos), West Valley Flying Club (Palo Alto, San Carlos), and Magnum Aviation at South County Airport in San Martin. He is a specialist in Cirrus (SR20, SR22, SR22T), and is approved to teach in Cessna 172 & 182, Diamond DA40 & DA42, and some Piper models. For multi-engine training, Greg is approved to teach in the Diamond DA-42 TwinStar at West Valley.
When he’s not in the air, Greg enjoys playing hockey and video games with his two little boys, movies, concerts, summertime swimming & BBQs, and international travel. Greg is an accomplished dot-com marketer and former radio announcer.
Ratings and Qualifications
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) – Single & Multi Engine Land
- Flight Instructor (CFII / MEI) – Single & Multi Engine Land, Instrument Airplane
- Chief Pilot (Part 135 Air Taxi) – Silicon Valley Air Charter
- Cirrus Standardized Instructor Pilot (CSIP)
- More than 2000+ hours in TAA – Technically Advanced Aircraft (glass cockpit)
- Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI)
- Mission Pilot & Webmaster, Angel Flight West volunteer
- FAA Safety Team – SJC Representative & WINGS “Master” Phase
- Member, Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association (AOPA)
- Participant, AOPA Air Safety Foundation (ASF) – numerous courses
- Participant & Instructor, Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program (CPPP) multiple sessions
- Trained locally in the complex San Francisco Bay Area airspace
- Extensive General Aviation travel throughout California and nationwide
Please contact Greg if you have any questions about his flight training services. He looks forward to hearing from you!