Flying is about more than instruments and mechanics. It’s about experience. Instinct. Freedom. Safety. Now you can get top-notch, real-world training from experienced pilot and gifted teacher, Greg West – and take your flying skills to new heights.
Whether you’re a beginner pursuing your dream of learning to fly, or a time-tested pilot seeking to stay current, you’ll get it here.
You’ll gain these incredible benefits by training with Greg:
Real-world, scenario-based training. As opposed to other flight instructors who confine you to repetitive exercises in a practice area, Greg’s hands-on, real world training will help you feel secure every time you climb into the cockpit — because you will have already experienced many more scenarios.
The most up-to-date safety techniques and technology, guaranteed. Flying is safe when you do it right. Greg makes it a point to stay on top of every development so you can be sure you’re always protected by multiple layers of safety.
Total satisfaction – or your money back. Choosing a flight instructor is a big decision. So enjoy Greg’s risk-free, 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. If, for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with your flight instruction, just let Greg know and he’ll refund your money…no questions asked.
Experience. Passion. Safety.
Greg West is an experienced pilot and gifted flight instructor based in San Jose. He is passionate about safety and always keeps up-to-date on the most current technology. He has achieved the highest WINGS “Master” Phase from the FAA Safety Team, is an active participant in Air Safety Foundation Courses, and has completed multiple sessions with the Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program.
“I was one of those folks who always wanted to learn how to fly, but never took the plunge,” Greg says. “Finally, after allocating the time and money for it, I started flying lessons. I was hooked immediately. And I was kicking myself, asking ‘why did I wait so long to do this?’”
“Aside from becoming a daddy, this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I’d love to share my passion and knowledge with you!”
Greg is an instructor for the West Valley Flying Club at Palo Alto Airport and Magnum Aviation at South County Airport in San Martin. He is approved to teach in Cessna 152, 172, 182, Cirrus SR20, SR22, SR22T, Diamond Star DA40, and Piper Warrior, Archer – many of which are great primary training aircraft.
For multi-engine training, Greg is approved to teach in Diamond DA-42 TwinStar at West Valley, and in Piper Seminole and Twin Diamond DA42-NG with Ahart Aviation at Livermore airport.
When he’s not in the air, Greg enjoys playing hockey and video games with his two little boys, movies, concerts, summertime swimming & BBQs, and international travel. Greg is an accomplished dot-com marketer and former radio announcer.
Ratings and Qualifications
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) – Single & Multi Engine Land
- Flight Instructor (CFII / MEI) – Single & Multi Engine Land, Instrument Airplane
- Chief Pilot (Part 135 Air Taxi) – Silicon Valley Air Charter
- Cirrus Standardized Instructor Pilot (CSIP)
- 2500+ hours total flying time
- 1900+ hours in TAA – Technically Advanced Aircraft (glass cockpit)
- Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI)
- Mission Pilot & Webmaster, Angel Flight West volunteer
- FAA Safety Team – SJC Representative & WINGS “Master” Phase
- Member, Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association (AOPA)
- Participant, AOPA Air Safety Foundation (ASF) – numerous courses
- Participant & Instructor, Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program (CPPP) multiple sessions
- Trained locally in the complex San Francisco Bay Area airspace
- Extensive General Aviation travel throughout Southern California
Please contact Greg if you have any questions about his flight training services. He looks forward to hearing from you!